The Green Party of Maricopa County supports comprehensive voting reforms to support multiparty democracy and a board of elections that operates free from partisan control. We believe in the sovereignty of Arizona's elections and the voter experience. As a result, the principals of One Person, One Vote and Voter Justice are high priorities for us to champion. Voter Justice encompasses a full range of topics including:
Verifiable Elections, paper ballots and voting machine audits; legislating verifiable elections, redistricting and gerrymandering, barriers to ballot access and systemic impediments to voting, voter suppression especially directed at people of color, public campaign financing, Move to Amend (the constitution) and voter machine integrity.
Additional organizing principles of the Voter Justice community include:
- RESTORE THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT. Defend voter access to the ballot box by restoring proven voter protections measures in the 1965 Voting Rights Acts.
- MAKE PAPERLESS VOTING ILLEGAL. All voting systems must provide a durable, voter marked paper ballot, that would then be the legal ballot of record.
- MAKE PRIVATE VOTE COUNTING ILLEGAL. All voting systems should be under public control, with every aspect of vote counting observable to all interested parties.
- FULLY AUDIT THE VOTE COUNT. Require all states to engage in robust, publicly observable auditing of the voting machines to ensure the correct results, including full 100% manual audits and recounts when necessary.
- SECURE VOTER DATABASES. Require internet firewalls and paper back-up of all voter databases to protect them from manipulation.
- PROVIDE PUBLIC TRANSPARENCY. Secure all voting records and ballots as public documents, accessible for audits and recounts, available under the Freedom of Information Act.
- MAKE ELECTION DAY A NATIONAL HOLIDAY. Assure that citizens have easy access to the polls.
- ENACT UNIVERSAL VOTER REGISTRATION. Register all American citizens who are eligible to vote when they reach voting age.
If you are interested in working on Election Integrity and Voter Justice, please contact email@example.com or Joanne Woods firstname.lastname@example.org